Wedding License Information

Wedding License Information   Forever I Do Weddings & Special Events Inc.


In order to be married in Florida, you must obtain your wedding license from any County Clerk’s office within the State of Florida.

Both bride and groom must be at least 18 years of age.
Proof of age is required to obtain a marriage license. A drivers license, certified copy of your birth certificate, or a military I.D will suffice. You need to know your Social Security Number. If you do not, please bring your Social Security Card with you.
If either party is under the age of 18, but at least 16 years of age, a marriage license can be issued upon presentation of written consent from both natural parents, if living and not divorced. If divorced, the parent signing the consent must present a copy of the custody papers. (If applicant has been married before, the forgoing does not apply.) Stepparents may not sign unless proof of adoption is shown.

License Fee: $93.50.

Getting the actual license:

Applicants apply  in person to any county in Florida for a Marriage License in order to be married in Florida. In the immediate Pensacola Beach area, these two county offices are closest:
1. M.C. Blanchard Judicial Center
190 West Government Street
Pensacola, Florida
Tel: (850) 595-4182 (“Marriage License Office”)

(Directions: Leave the beach via The Bob Sikes Bridge. Merge onto US-98 W/FL-30. Turn slight left ontoBayfront Pkwy. Bayfront Pkwy becomes E Main St. Turn right onto S Spring St. Take the 2nd left onto W Government St. 190 W GOVERNMENT ST is on the right.) Once inside, you’ll go through Security, up the stairs ((or elevator)), and to the right at the end of the hall, then left.


South Santa Rosa County Service Center
5819 Gulf Breeze Blvd
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Tel: (850) 983-1820
(Directions: Leave the beach via the Bob Sikes Bridge. Turn slight right onto ramp to turn right onto Gulf Breeze Pkwy/US-98 E/FL-30. Drive approximately 11miles. The Center is on the south side of the highway, just past the Gulf Breeze Zoo.)


There will be a waiting period of 3 days if either person is a resident of Florida. There is NO waiting period for non-residents. If either party has been divorced within the past year, Santa Rosa County requires a certified copy of the Final Judgment or Decree. If it has been longer than a year, you need furnish only the date your last marriage ended (month/day/year).
Within 10 days after the marriage is performed, the license must be returned (generally by the officiating clergy) to the Marriage License Division of the Clerk’s Office in the county which issued it. There is no record of marriage until this is done. One certified copy of the marriage license will be provided, and additional certified copies may be obtained for an additional fee.

Florida Marriage License Express. It is possible for non-Florida residents to obtain a marriage license when you are unable to get it in person. Time is required for processing, etc., therefore, lead time is required. Contact them directly for details.


Santa Rosa Island Authority Basics

Basic Facts

The island government has only a few rules for weddings. They are designed to keep our beaches clean and safe for everyone — including you and your friends.

The rules:

1 – Tents over 10′ x 12′ require advance permission from the Santa Rosa Island Authority. Contact SRIA at 1 Via De Luna, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561.
Tel: (850) 932-2257.

2 – Your wedding may be sited anywhere along the eight mile beach and no permission is required. However, permission is needed to use the Band Shell on Quietwater Boardwalk or the Pavilion at Casino Beach. You must fill out a form request and submit it at least 30 days in advance. Chairs may be set up on the beach for the convenience of guests.

Of course, general rules and common sense still apply. Glass containers are never allowed on the beach. The Island Authority supplies ample refuse containers for your convenience. And, please leave only your footprints when you depart.

Forever I Do Weddings & Special Events Inc.